ComicCon Countdown

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Comic Con 2011

Here it is. Comic Con 2011.  To try to avoid the crowds at the Convention Center, I sent a few friends to the alternate site at The Town & Country Hotel in Mission Valley....Bad idea.  Not only was the traffic a nightmare, but it took over an hour and a half to get your badge once you got in.

I left for work and bailed on getting to the Town and Country when I saw the lines just getting off the freeway.  I went straight to the San Diego Convention Center and I literally walked up and got my badge.  I heard later it took people over 2 1/2 hours to get their badge from that location. 

So, I get my badge and then they had me the famous Comic Con Swag Bag.  You have all seen them.  They are big and come in all sorts of themes.  I happened to get Vampire Diaries.  Not my favorite, but when I asked for another kind, I was told in no uncertain terms....NO!!!

So just past where you got your bags was the worlds busiest barter center.  If you did not like your badge, which you could not tell till after you got out of line, you then had to trade your way over to the bag you wanted.  Vampire Diaries was not real popular and nobody wanted to trade.  I wanted to get either the Lego Harry Potter or Big Bang Theory, but it was going to take some effort.

After a while I was able to get this person to take my Vampire Diaries bag and got a Thunder Cats bag...great, I knew someone who wanted that bag.  I found her but she already traded for it.  I kept at it and found someone willing to give up a Big Bang Theory for Thunder Cats....Bang...Deal!!!

Twenty Minutes later I was out of there with my bag.  I then headed to the floor.

Honestly, I did not think it would be as crowded as it was, and this was just Preview Night, but the energy was high and happiness reigned.  I took a few pictures, but tonight was about buying Steampunk garb.  Before I new it the intercom stated it was 15 minutes till closing and to make our way to the exits.  I could not believe it had been 3 hours, but time flies when you are having fun.

It is late and I have to get up early.  So till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment